Cici’s carrier bag

Hello everyone! I’m Can Guangya. And you can call me Cici. Here is what I have to show for my bag.

As you can see, my bag contains a lot of things that have fallen out of what looks like a kicked over box, and the words that have fallen out are a lot of  my vision and understanding of sustainable design. And at the bottom of the image is a sculpture that is thinking, which I metaphorically liken to myself, and these ideas that fall out can enter my brain and combine with something that is concrete and helps me to complete the design. Some specific words and objects are listed below.

Words.

· Welcome: I think design is all about brainstorming, taking in a wide range of knowledge as well as listening to others, so I hope that as a student studying design I can welcome a wide range of peers and information with open arms.

· Redefining: In my postgraduate studies, I think what I need to do is to break out of my original self and redefine myself. To change the way I see the world and the way I see things.

· Trending: As a student of this subject, it is important to pay attention to the trends and needs of the world and society. We need to observe not only the subtle things that happen around us, but also the current events and social trends that are happening in society.

· Nature: Design should go back to nature. The changing laws of nature give us a lot of inspiration for design, so I think I should explore nature and be connected to it.

· Book: Books are essential in my learning process, they give me inspiration to create, but they also help me to improve my designs and change my perception of things.

· Free: I reckon one of the most important things in the design process is to have full freedom and not to be limited by external things. We also need to learn to respect others and give them the freedom to express their opinions.

· Science: All design should respect science, because science is what makes design make sense.

· Happy: I want my designs to be enjoyable for the user, and I wish that my design process is happy and that the people I work with are happy as well.

Objects.

· Computer: The computer plays a very significant role in my design process, I have access to my computer to look up information, use design softwares to create my designs and visualize my designs.

· Mobile phone: As a necessity, I use my mobile phone to communicate with my peers, exchange information, listen to music, look up information, etc.

· Headphones: I enjoy listening to music and it helps me to relieve my mood, so I always take my headphones with me wherever I go.

· Hamburger: I put this picture of a hamburger to represent food, because food helps me replenish energy, so I put some food in my bag.