Frieda’s carrier bag

“Can we make do with what already exists… can we stop producing new things?”

Hi I am Frieda and this is my carrier bag …

background is made out of clippings from the oddboxes which I used to improvise a shelf for my cloths. My roommate and I will share a subscription – I like the concept of this box. It contains fruits and vegetables which otherwise would go to trash. I find it very inspiring to try to just use the things which surrounds me to create the things I need. recycling saves resources. Also what I realised over the last few years, I find freedom and creative space in the „limitation (of material)“.
plants nature is a great inspiration to me. presents the circle of life. nature can repair and multiply itself.
paper-founds I’m always finding things on the streets. I see value in things other people threw away. The paper is not white anymore, turned yellowish over the year it was stored. I like if material tells a story. Stains are defined as an imperfection but we should redefine it as a beautiful detail which tells a story.
frame this frame is always traveling with me. I wrote this quote with the type writer of my grandma. The quote is kind of my life-inspiration-goal.
to-do-list I love lists. helps me to structure myself. since I am doing a lot of things, I need to be very organised. 
textile I have a degree in fashion design. Enjoy handcrafting with wool, yarn and textiles. 
small things try to see the beauty in small things. 
lavender collected this on my first stroll throw Battersea, where I now live.
TransformationDesign something I want to focus on more during this MA program.