SENSE T

SENSE T

SENSE T

LUYA & SONG

A DRIFT BOTTLE FROM THE SPIRITUAL ICE AGE

Dear no matter who,

This is a drift bottle from 2750. When you read this letter, I hope this terrible era has passed. Maybe 200 years later? Or 1000 years. No matter who you are or where you come from, I sincerely hope that you can keep reading. This letter may help you to uncover many secrets about the earth’s past and the present. 

I am a human from the spiritual ice age. You can call me Tim, and I am a researcher working in a temperature institute. Although I don’t know when this terrible period end and how long I will be allowed to live, I want to record what I know. It would be best if our research and speculation succeed. That would be a great pity if we have not survived from the revenge of the earth and my sincere hope is that someone will discover this letter and use our experience as a warning.

Due to humans used to exploit the earth’s resources frantically for material interests, we touched the earth’s immune system.  So, the spiritual ice age has arrived, that is a colourless cold world! Various disasters, unknown viruses, and wars have made human life more difficult. Not only that, but interpersonal relationships have also become tenser. People scramble frantically for resources to survive because no one knows when the next disaster will come. Selfishness and sensitivity flood our lives. On the whole, It is a cold age without friends, sharing, and love. 

To keep the earth alive, the government secretly convened a group of people who adhere to temperature established a temperature research institute. Yes, include me. Our main job is to study “social temperature”. In response to the current problem, we have established a temperature signal station to change human genes and promote human evolution. Then, the cold human has evolved sense T besides five senses. Surprisingly, this research is moving more quickly than was expected. So far, we have discovered five types of abilities. They can feel the social temperature between people, people and animals, people and plants, people and machines, and even the earth. Capable persons certainly have abilities, but they also have huge responsibilities. 

In the beginning, most of the first evolved people only gained the ability between people. Many people are getting together since their new abilities. Not only that, but many people also started to communicate under the leadership of capable people, and they even became friends.

Then human also significantly reduce the killing and felling because they can sense the temperature of animals and plants. After all, nobody can kill a life who likes them. 

Not only that but the resource wasteful behaviour has also been significantly reduced. Sense T gets people reflection this behaviour. Why human can discard them unilaterally, we never think about their mood. 

With continuous evolution, some capable person can even feel the signal from the earth. This discovery rekindled new hope for the future of the earth. To save our home, those capable people use their power to warn humans to reduce the behaviour of destroying the earth and strive to repair the problems that have occurred.

In effect, only those who have maintained the love in the spiritual ice age can be evolved and live longer than before. Instead, indifferent people will gradually perish. This a filtering mechanism of the earth? Although there is no definitive answer, I still looking forward to the future, I wonder what will the earth look like when each of us can sense temperature. It must be very cool!

It’s so exciting that as the research deepened, we discovered a fantastic secret that some colours are inside the ice! This is because the earth becomes more and more personal, and human also beings full of love so that the social temperature increased. Therefore, these colours hidden inside the ice were finally discovered by humans. I will always believe that the day will come sooner or later the world regained its rainbow of colours as if nothing had ever happened.

Well, so that’s it for today! I am feeling too cold to write well. I hope that you already live in a whole new world with colours and warm. You will have some friends, family members, a kitten or a puppy, some beautiful flowers and plants on your balcony, and a rainbow in the sky after the rain. . . . .

Kind regards

TIM

Children born on Mars. What rights do they have on Earth?

2035, NASA, ESA, and Musk have successfully managed to colonise Mars with a population growth of 6,000.

Martian education is focusing on Religious Experience (RE) studies, as there are very limited things in common with other earthling norms, (wild life, different seasons, socialising with other animals). Children on Mars will have permanent conditions such as Down’s Syndrome and Autism; could we make reasonable adjustments to the way that their classes are being taught?

Visiting Earth for the first time will be a social or civilization shock; will they feel uncomfortable, having no identity or empathy towards their Earthling relatives? This could cause great disaffection. Medical health care is free on Mars. Where some countries will have to charge for health, this could create unrest within the community.

Children with breathing problems would need a cleaner environment. How will society react,  when they go to Earth, where climate change could get worse? Martians will have protective rights when entering Earth, they will receive more protection because of their needs, being, as they are, sensitive to UV rays, as they spend most of their time on Mars with no sunlight due to dust storms, and dark clouds.

Social rights is a big concern, interbreeding has created conflict; hate crimes are common all over the globe with events sparking political tension. Earthlings are scared and feel the threat of a species who are more superior than humans and their civilization. Extreme calls from Right wing parties have asked for Martians to be banned on entering Earth and potentially killing new-born babies registered as mix species on Earth. For those who have fought to stay are often in hiding, moving away from hostile countries, relocating to other countries that offer sanctuary such as Canada, United Kingdom and Germany.

Children who are born of Martian ancestry with human parents are often rejected on both sides of society and end up being homeless and taking drugs and are sold on the black market. Activist Group and protesters such as M. A. R.T.I.A.N. (Martian Activists Rebelling against Tyrannical Inquisitors And Earthling’s Nationalism!) have called for education systems across the worlds to be reviewed; with attempts to integrate Martian civilization in RE studies and History lessons, to avoid radical nationalist thinking among the Human society on Earth.

Artefacts

Supporting images and video

https://youtu.be/BvOeaBT_6j8

The future racism

Image 1
According to the ‘2045 Initiative’, there already exist technologies enabling the transfer of an individual’s personality to a more advanced non-biological carrier, and extending life, including to the point of immortality.

This is a poster by a technology company whose name is Phoenix comes from the United States in 2045. To help people reincarnate trough brain transplants into a cyborg or brain data transfer(described in more detail below). In other words, after people die or who got illness such as organ failure or ALS, not only can revive in a humanoid robot but also can choose to change their body and appearance. To give people a choice to choose their destiny by money. However, this company’s service too expensive to afford, especially for the lower socioeconomic status groups, and most poverty groups are African American in the US.
It has led to those who need it most cannot get it. Ironically, they have to sell their eligible organs to this company.

Social justice and data justice, they both aimed at promoting a society which is just and equitable, valuing diversity, providing equal opportunities to all its members, irrespective of their disability, ethnicities, gender, age, sexual orientation or religion, and ensuring fair allocation of resources and support for their human rights. Any number of diverse factors, including those mentioned above, but also education, social class, political affiliation, beliefs, or other characteristics can lead to discriminatory behaviors, especially by those who may have a degree of power in their hands.

But with the rapid development of data technology, even if they both aimed at the same purpose, data injustice does not get much attention. And even more serious than social injustice problem in the future and therefore suppose a data technology corporation in the United States in 2045, they bring a better life for humankind, meanwhile, there is data injustice problem – racial discrimination, which cannot but arouse people’s attention.

My main idea is racism not only about culture or skin color but also about socioeconomic status. If the United States cannot change the African American’s socioeconomic status by structural reform etc. They would always be trapped in a vicious circle even in the future.

Image 2
Median household income in the United States in 2018, by race or ethnic group
Image 3
Implicit bias and structural racialization

And I enclose a complete set of official leaflets explaining various services and showing how to join this project by sign papers.

Image 4
Due to too many people want to join this project, so everyone needs to apply first.

When your application be approved, and this company will assign a consultant to introduce you to the company’s services.

Image 5
Service 1 – Brain data transmission service

Image 6
Introduction of Cyborg

Image 7
Cloud-based data transmission
Image 8
Service 2 – Brain transplant service

Finally, If you have decided which service, you’ll be asked
sign a Service agreement and Disclaimer

Image 9
Service Agreement
Image 10
Disclaimer

It’s a PDF about the whole files with the right order.

And also there is an interactive video to help you better understand future racism. The story happened after an African American use this company’s service but still encounter racial discrimination.

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1mz4y1Q77M

Racism can be explicit or implicit. Explicit bias refers to the attitudes and beliefs we have about a person or group on a conscious level. An implicit bias/unconscious bias is the unconscious attribution of particular qualities to a member of a certain social group.

As we all know ‘George Floyd’s death due to the violent law enforcement by the police. It is not only a tragedy by racism, but it’s also because of the implicit bias of American police to African Americans. The incarceration rate of black males was over six times as high as white males, so they would unconsciously be prejudged the black male is more dangerous. And violent crime rates are so high among blacks originates mainly from unemployment, economic deprivation, and family disorganization. Therefore it’s not only related to ‘skin color’, ‘race hatred’, ‘Judicial injustice’, but it’s also a systemic problem and social structural contradiction.

I use a speculative design. In the future 2045 in the United States after dismantled their police department, they use UAV to keep society safe. And both of us have a choice to choose our physical body and appearance. While people and law enforcement officers cannot easily discriminate against a member of a certain social group by appearance and color. The explicit bias seems not to exist anymore at this time.

As mentioned above, if an African American just change their appearance, it cannot change the implicit bias at all. The UAV still think African American has a strong motive of the crime, therefore still might encounter prejudice/bias in 2045 if the American systemic problem still not changed by authorities.

Source

Image 1: Created by the author

Image 2:
https://www.statista.com/statistics/233324/median-household-income-in-the-united-states-by-race-or-ethnic-group/

Image 3:
https://nationalequityproject.org/resources/featured-resources/implicit-bias-structural-racialization

Image 4: Created by the author

Image 5: Created by the author

Image 6: Created by the author

Image 7: Created by the author

Image 8: Created by the author

Image 9: Created by the author

Image 10: Created by the author

ESCAPE

OUBLI Pill & Drug Specification, 2080
By Echo

A story of trauma
(Made from wax)

Escape from traumatic memory?

Or escape from the controlling society?

Hello, this is Bruce. I am a PTSD patient.

I don’t know what your world looks like. But my world is kind of crazy. Here, everyone has a social score, which is determined by a series of indicators, such as family background, education level, etc. It determines what type of work you can do. For example, if your social score is above 80, you can be the Social Strategists who formulate strategies for social development, Politicians or Diplomatist… If your score is between 60 to 80, you can be the Dream Architects who create virtual scenarios for people, or like me, a Data Analyst… If the score is below 40, it means you are at the bottom of society and can only do some menial work.

Our society highly seeks orderliness and stability, and people with PTSD like me will be systematically considered ‘Error People’. Social Security Bureau said that we may be certain hazards to the society, so we need to be rectified, or our social scores will be greatly reduced. Before I fell ill, my social score was 62. I was working in a company called Fusion, and I had a wife and a lovely son. Our life were simple and happy.

But all this changed dramatically two months ago… My love, Marianne and my dear son, Geordie, lost their lives in an unexpected fire, and nothing could be saved when I arrived at the hospital. My world fell apart. I still cannot accept this fact. During that time, I was always depressed. Every night, I had nightmares, and I kept seeing Marianne and Geordie in my mind. I was afraid to go out for fear of seeing other happy families on the street. I often find it difficult to breathe as if I were drowning…

Warning Letter

Two weeks later, I received a letter from the Social Security Bureau. It read:

Warning Letter
Mental Health Level Diagram
(Made from straw & string)

After reading the letter, I kind of lost my head. Well…now.. I became the ‘error people’ of society. Once I were labeled as such, I would be regarded as the black sheep of the society, and my job and welfare would all be gone.

I was afraid. The letter told me to give them an answer within two days. I don’t have much time to consider. So, which treatment should be chosen?

I opened the drug box first and read the instruction carefully. It read:

Drug Specification
OUBLI Pill
(Made from Epoxy & Equinox Flower)

I did hear about ‘OUBLI’ before. It’s expensive, and many rich people will take it regularly to prevent their social class from slipping. If I take this pill, I will never remember what happened to Marianne and Geordie. But what about our memories? Will they also be erased together? Will I forget that I ever had a wife and a son? I dare not think any more. I took the mysterious drug and then… put it back…

There was also an agreement for the Post-Traumatic Growth Project. I looked at it. It said:

Agreement

The agreement mentioned that the success rate is only 20%, once failed I will be sent to Virtual Eden. I had never heard of this place before, so were all the people like me living there? Will I have a fresh start there?…

As if I had nothing to lose. So I signed the agreement.

The next day I was sent to a closed treatment lab where 100 miles from my home. There, I saw nine other PTSD patients.

31560. That’s my number.

I spent a whole month in that treatment lab. Day after day, the pain, as if the scars have been reopened again and again. I thought I could be saved and growth by the treatment, but…

Bruce’s Diary

Today, May 18th, I was sent to the Virtual Eden. Finally, I saw what this mysterious island looked like. Sure enough, everything is a lie. Dream Architects created beautiful virtual scenarios for this island. I saw people were sleeping in power pods and their brainwaves serve as the energy of this society. I felt desperate as I thought of being stranded on this island for the rest of my life.

Virtual Eden
(Made from Epoxy & Equinox Flower)
The Equinox Flower means sad memories and death. These beautiful cubes represent the spiritual cages that seal the traumatic memory and also separates ‘Error People’ from society.

Virtual Eden, behind it is lots of traumatic stories, memories and social indifference.

I don’t know whether my diary will continue, maybe this is the last one…

If one day in the future, you see my diary again, maybe then I have really liberated from all of it.

Welcome to the swinging 2060s

Welcome to the Swinging 2060s

The first thing you’ll notice when you land in Moorsey is the time difference: about forty years.

I know, the jetlag’s savage isn’t it. Sleep it off. We’ll see you at dinner. Shall I take that bottle for you?

Did you sleep well? Oh I know… those marshmallow sheets! Product of our thriving seaweed industry.

Have a seat in the restaurant and I’ll be with you shortly. Looking for local tips? Take a look at the Metro.

Video showing Moorsey Metro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGQ-pcnzO8U

Moorsey is just like anywhere in the UK: nosy, full of gossip and totally flooded. What can I get for you?

You can take off your mask darling – covid’s over. That’s better, now say again? The soup was it? Wonderful. Back in a mo…

CHEF!

Video “Remembering CV19 Day”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIxnietR_PQ&t=1s

Soup coming up lovely. Now, tap your feet for me. On the floor there come on. That’s it. Feel all that energy you’re making?

It’s cooking your dinner! Ever since The Great Reconstruction After Covid—“AC” as we say—the whole world is powered by nature or elbow grease. In this case: yours. Keep it up!

Video “When DIY energy goes wrong”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HwIcU57I90

Soup! And remember the plastic bottle you arrived with? Yes? Well now it’s a spoon. Here you go. We repurped it. Bon appeteety mon peteet ancesteeurr.

Careful with the table-cloth! It’s Moorsey Kelp.

Finished, darling? Kelp Cocktail?

That band are amazing live. Yea I finished 10 mins ago, maybe see you there. Oh, cool. Well I… I guess I’ll have what you’re having.

Yes this IS fun. No YOUUU are very nice. Come on let’s go dancing. It’s not fahhrr. “Cahrs?” Nooo there’s no cars. There’s no roads! They sank in the 40s. They put Swindon on stilts you know! Anyway, whaddawe need roads for… we’re going dancing!

… Back in 2020

_

About the project

Moorsey is a place somewhere in England, some time in summertime 2060. It exists, happily, thanks to bold actions to adapt to climate change in the 2020s, catalysed by the outbreak of coronavirus.

It is a speculative design project intended as a tangible taster of one preferable future. A place people want to visit and even stay. We hear all the time that sustainability requires sacrifice; ‘less this’, ‘stop that’ and ‘none of that’. This is compounded by dystopian climate sci-fi and depressing eco-exhibitions. It’s no wonder we choose unsustainability. Moorsey aims to plug a gap for optimistic stories about sustainability and the future. To give us all something to aim for. In this future, life is both enjoyable and sustainable. In our present day it can be too.

The world of Moorsey is built on existing solutions to climate change. In this way, it is science fact, not science fiction. At its center are three core concepts: Repurp (circular material flows), a booming seaweed economy (replacing unsustainable plastics and textiles), and DIY energy (including active transport and affordable renewable energy). Technology to enable these already exists and is only getting better. Sustainable lifestyles don’t have to come at the cost of our jobs, comfort or pleasure. We can adapt.

Alongside this blog, our online news channel (@moorseymetro on instagram) and our interviews with citizens, we’ve created a physical artefact from 2060 Moorsey: a set of three souvenir postcards. They are intended as a tangible taster of sustainability coexisting with pleasure and satisfaction. Wish you were here? Come visit. Relax. Stay as long as you like.

_

About the artists

Designers, creatives and changemakers. Collectively, Joey McAleese and Pete Ashworth, worked together to co-design a sustainable future during a global pandemic. Using speculative and participatory design, they worked with people online to look at how we might reprioritise post-covid-19 and show that we can have a sustainable and enjoyable future. Their answers came from solutions already invented today but amplified and celebrated in the future.

Both creators are UAL students studying MA Design for Social Innovation and Sustainable Futures. Both from a design background, Pete has worked in the advertising industry for 7 years while Joey has worked as an in-house designer in the tourism sector. Together they have a passion for designing for good and making environmentalism accessible and appealing for all.

_

Food For Thought:

Read more about the three core concepts at the center of Moorsey.
Repurp (circular material flows):
https://www.ellenmacarthurfoundation.org/circular-economy/concept
Seaweed economy:
https://www.dezeen.com/tag/seaweed/
Abundant renewable energy:
https://youtu.be/uT66CRYkSM8?t=392
_

Telling the story

To create the world of Moorsey in the swinging 2060s, we’ve used a mixture of owned and found imagery. All writing is our own, with invaluable additions from many co-creators throughout the project. For full disclosure, below is a list of all the images in this exhibition and their sources.

Sources

Figure 1

Created by the artists

GIF: Live on Moorsey Seafront

Created by the artists with thanks to Bianca Falcone-Bridge

Figure 2

Figure 3

www.youonlyliveoncetravel.com.au/blog/2018/7/30/stopping-over-in-copenhagen-71-nyhavn-hotel-it-is

https://www.youonlyliveoncetravel.com.au/blog/2018/7/30/stopping-over-in-copenhagen-71-nyhavn-hotel-it-is

http://www.kobenhavnergron.dk/place/havneparken/?lang=en

Figure 4

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g189541-d12704075-Reviews-Hotel_Sanders-Copenhagen_Zealand.html#/media/12704075/360829328:p/?albumid=106&type=0&category=106

Figure 5

Created by the artists

https://www.boudican.com/wp-content/uploads/elementor/thumbs/Made-in-UK-oczizb09z3i0qvi8sl479jlg8r4zkwl5w84sohzxhc.jpg

Video: Take a look at the Metro

Imagery created by the artists

https://unsplash.com/photos/oCsaxvGCehM

https://www.fesliyanstudios.com/royalty-free-sound-effects-download/restaurants-179

https://wepresent.wetransfer.com/story/mathias-svold-ulrik-hasemann-coastland/

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2017/may/21/golden-daze-50-years-on-from-summer-of-love-san-francisco-festivals

https://friendsoftheearth.uk/climate-change/flood-map-england-and-wales-areas-risk-flooding

https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-family-holidaying-on-the-beach-and-enjoying-a-game-of-tug-of-war-southern-25543697.html

https://www.pexels.com/photo/woman-in-white-long-sleeved-jumpsuit-2713905/

https://giphy.com/stickers/summer-ride-wheels-gLRTwsZ3yBRFj1zyjG

Figure 6

https://www.saveur.com/bren-smith-kelp-farmer/

Figure 7

https://www.pinterest.dk/pin/259801472234409932/

Video: Moorsey Residents Remember Vaccine Day

Created by the artists with thanks to Christy Coysh, Florence Deary and Tom Campbell

GIF: Floorgen at dinner

Created by the artists

Figure 8

Created by the artists

Figure 9

Created by the artists

https://spinwell.wordpress.com/2008/12/10/boombox-bikes/

https://carocommunications.com/contemporary-canal-side-homes-cleverly-utilise-brownfield-site-east-london/

Figure 10

https://unsplash.com/photos/FzECg2eNhj4

GIF: Moorsey Man Powers Home With Only Hinge-Gen

Created by the artists with thanks to Fabio Ruolo

Video: When DIY Energy Goes Wrong

Figure 11

Figure 12

https://unsplash.com/photos/F3svh7bKb6I

Figure 13

https://www.amazon.it/3D-Systems-Personal-Printer-392200/dp/B01GK2NEC2

https://unsplash.com/photos/DlO0yz4U67A

Figure 14

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/shell-backs-down-over-north-sea-work-rotas-skx9hm39z

https://www.offshore-technology.com/comment/royal-dutch-shell-upstream/

https://unsplash.com/photos/m1WZS5ye404

Figure 15

https://www.aqua.cl/2020/01/15/en-aysen-se-consolida-innovador-proyecto-para-diversificar-la-acuicultura/

Figure 16

https://www.extremetech.com/extreme/247672-seaweed-based-water-pouch-aims-end-need

-plastic-bottles

Figure 17

https://www.pinterest.ca/pin/413909022002500428/

Figure 18

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/299559812713906035/

Figure 19

https://unsplash.com/photos/K5IUb0kBZZ8

Figure 20

https://unsplash.com/photos/6lGYobfLA9g

Figure 21

https://unsplash.com/photos/m1WZS5ye404

Figure 22

https://unsplash.com/photos/N2hJxyUolFw

Figure 23

https://www.flickr.com/photos/55102260@N07/5578389945/

https://gdkfiles.visitdenmark.com/files/382/198351_Amager_Strandpark_Astrid_Maria_Rasmussen2.jpg?width=1024

Figure 24

https://unsplash.com/photos/Kr3Ls8Tw8h4

Figure 25

Created by the artists

https://www.wonderopolis.org/wonder/how-do-homing-pigeons-find-home

Decolonizing Sadaejuui in Korean History Through Speculative Letter from the Future

Hi sweetheart,

I’m so sorry I couldn’t be at your graduation ceremony today, but I can’t tell you how proud I am to have my niece accepted to Seoul National University. Congratulations to you and all of your friends, Class of 2050. I have pre-recorded this message for you before I left for the oil-cleanup in Antarctica, but I hope you can appreciate my effort to connect with you while I’m off saving the marine life!

As a social innovator and an activist, I’ve spent my career uncovering why the socio-political hegemony is designed as it is. The biggest changes in our modern history all started when Korea became independent from Japan in 1944. Before the Hiroshima bomb forced Japan to surrender, we fought for our freedom as a community and liberated with no external interference. At that time, our country was left in the debris of Western influences that Japan has brought to us. Because of our strong communal spirit, we were able to rebuild our nation relatively quickly. It took us decades to find political peace between the North and South after our unification.

Then it took us even longer to divert from Sadaejuui, a conditioned toadyism for stronger power, specifically for the West at the time. It was tightly weaved into our architecture, education, language, food, trade, entertainment, etc. However, after over a century of policy reforms, we are now renowned as one of the most successful cases of preserving our culture. We were able to achieve this global recognition by simultaneously respecting our interdependence with our fellow nations and sustaining our pre-colonial heritage. Without the efforts of anthropologists, historians, and designers, we wouldn’t have come this far.

Now my recording will start sharing my 3D-scanned object with you. I hope your smart glasses and haptic gloves are working. If not, I have attached pictures with this message.

https://youtu.be/nqASZ0lOKqA

I hope this album showed you the subtle traditional practices in our lives even with technological alterations. Can you imagine Hanbok barely being worn, no one making Kimchi in their homes, or being educated in English instead of Hangul? The cultural framework we’re living in right now can be attributed to the infinite collaborative efforts of your previous generations. We’re still actively remaining critical in light of Sadaejuui, colonialism, and imperialism, which you get to learn about instead of living through them.

My tip to you darling is to always take a step back and question the direction of progress. After witnessing the 2020 pandemic and anti-racism movements, I’ve learned to constantly stand up for inclusive practices and empower the voiceless, even when faced with separatism, protectionism, and anxiety. Also, keep documenting daily inspirations as your grandfather and I did, because it will bring you so much joy to look back on those details and feel the gratitude of collective cultural celebration. You have done so well at your young age and I’m confident that you will continue to grow to build a more resilient, autonomous, and pluriversal world. As you go forward, remember that collective, inclusive progress is the only true progress.

Congratulations again! I miss you so much, and I hope to see you soon.

Love, your aunt Becky.

Hannah’s Dream Social Pillow

In the future, we will not amuse ourselves to death. Here is a solution——making friends by making a dream so there is no conflict between online and offline. No matter how it develops in the future, we still need adequate sleep. Make use of our sleep time, so that everyone can have time to socialize, and they will not abuse their usual time. We can find soulmate easily because we just communicate with brain wave. This is subjective satisfaction. We are satisfied in our dreams. But you don’t have to worry about everyone falling asleep, people have to wake up to do things, and we can’t always fall asleep. On someday, a person pass you on the street, you feel very familiar, maybe you have chatted with him in your dream already. On the other hand, If you use brain waves to communicate, your body will not be threatened. Scammers cannot pose a threat to you at all. 

Will we amuse ourselves to death?

During the period of isolation, I was under a lot of mental pressure, and I urgently needed a netizen to accompany me to speak and relieve the pressure. But after the isolation, I had to face the reality. I began to think deeply. Can the social of the virtual network be the same as the social in real life?Under the virtual refuge, will people still be restricted by the real morals? Do the two exist at the same time? Will the two be mutually exclusive? Will we indulge in the virtual network, evade reality or be violated by the virtual network, afraid to make real friends? Will we be more comfortable and confident in real life? Therefore, I delved into this project to see how netizens think about virtual online dating, and then I gathered their views and wishes, and my art works means achieving a balance between virtual and real dating in order to develop a more  harmonious online dating future.

This is my personalized pillow in 2040.

Deam builders for this pillow are in charge of the dream world, I can set the time before going to sleep, and enter the channel. There have common topic channels, neighborhood channels, learning channels, love channels, etc. for me to choose.

The above records my feelings and tears when I socialize in my dreams. Some people left a deep impression on me. I remembered it so deeply that I woke up and did not forget to record his name. I hope that one day I can really meet him in the real world, because he told me he also live in this city. I feel that he and I are destined to be together. I believe. Some people are too superficial, and I forgot them all at once, so they are not recorded. I also learn a lot from some people whom I chat with, however, I forget to ask name because I don’t think we will be real friends in reality.

In short, this is not a pillow, this is a door that brings me into dreaming and making friends, and it is also a draft paper that records my experience of making friends in a dream.

Dream Diary clip

Dream Recording

Dream pillow branding design

This pillow contains a sensor chip that can be directly connected to brain waves. Making friends by making a dream so there is no conflict between online and offline. We live and work normally during the day. Entertainment is only an accessory to the night. No matter how it develops in the future, we still need adequate sleep. Using dreams to capture the noise and pull of online entertainment, so that there is freedom from its allure during the day.Make use of our sleep time, so that everyone can have time to socialize, and they will not abuse their usual time.

Our virtual world will be connected to the real world, and the money you earn in reality can be recharged into the virtual world, and the character score you accumulate in reality will be generated in your virtual introduction.

BEAM – Supporting Learners with Additional Needs

20/06/2023

It has been three years since the coronavirus pandemic brought life in the UK to a standstill and closed down schools for good. We never expected it to get to that point, but the economy was badly damaged and the government were desperate to save money in any way they could, so unfortunately schools took the hit. Every child in every corner of the UK is now receiving their education from home, no matter their age or ability.

Here at BEAM we provide support for children with additional learning needs, to help make their journey through education smoother. BEAM was first formed in 2021 by a small group of parents whose children fell into this category. They noticed that their children were struggling with the lack of normal routine and found it hard to learn without an adult constantly by their side. Over the past three years BEAM has developed two items to help children overcome these problems: ‘SAL’ the home learning companion, and the ‘Learning Identity Badge’ for transforming your everyday clothes into a home uniform.

All parts included with SAL and the Learning Identity Kit

SAL (Supportive Assisted Learning) was first created in 2021, when one of our founding parents realised that they could hack their smart home device and use it as a tool for communicating with others. Now in 2023, SAL is a learning companion for pupils that provides support that would otherwise come from a parent or teacher. Pupils often needed parents to interpret instructions for them and keep them focused, however teachers can now upload their own voice recording of instructions to SAL for pupils to access at home. The pupils can follow SAL’s guidance, rather than being fully dependent on parents. SAL can also be used for pupils to communicate with their classmates. SAL is fully customisable and arrives with a sticker pack to kickstart children’s imaginations, however it can be decorated in any way to reflect the pupils’ identities.

SAL before customisation
SALs after customisation

The Learning Identity Badge provides routine for children with additional learning needs. Lack of routine resulted in increased anxiety levels for many pupils within this group that prevented them from settling into home learning. The Learning Identity Badge can be added onto any item of clothing to transform it into a ‘home uniform’. Putting the badge on at the same time each day allows pupils to create their own routine for learning at home. The badge comes disassembled, meaning pupils can customise it with any design they feel will best express their individual learning identity.

The Learning Identity Kit and a completed badge

Thank you for expressing interest in the future of education for children with additional learning needs, we hope to see you again soon!

BEAM

The adventure in a future of rewilding 2120

We are two documentary journalists, being sent to London and Palermo in the year 2120, a future of rewilding.
Please click the picture below to explore our expedition through pictures and recordings:
Behind the story:

Scientists have raised the concern that potentially the majority of global burden of disease is going to result from our impacts across the natural systems, all of those transformations are accelerating at a pace that threatens human health. We moved from a perfectly designed ecosystem to a ruthless “ego-system” in which there is more power in consuming and letting go than holding on. 

This future of rewilding is to remember how important it is to understand that people and nature are deeply connected. We’ve created two sets of collections as our physical artifacts that represent our whole journey. We sincerely believe this new future will exist as long as we honour, respect, and cooperate with nature's inherent ability to sustain life.

Families in 2100 Mumbai

Please click on the audio and scroll along. For a better experience please use earphones.

Year 2100 | 12:30 pm | Mumbai

I flip through the book, scanning the pages that I have already read. The air is hot against my skin. I stop, gripping the book tightly to fan it against my face. In the world that I live in, the sun is always blazing, the temperatures soaring during the day. First, let me introduce myself. My name is Alaya and I am 11. The book I am reading is a book that every child is given to understand history. It’s like a diary written by two people Zoya and Mahi, Mahi being the daughter ( I already looked up what daughter means ) of Zoya, starting in 2030. Many parts of the country are now barren. A lot of things have changed or at least that’s what I have been told by the elders.

The view from my window
This is what the book looks like

I flip to the very first page of the book, the part where Zoya mentions her reasons to start writing the diary.

I flip again to read the first entry of the book.

Year 2030 | Mumbai

I stop and think about what a mother or a father is. I don’t understand the love Zoya had for Mahi. How could she care so much for a person? I wonder what that must feel like, to be protected. I have always been told that love is about everything, the planet, the trees, water, the air we breathe, all of it. Nothing belongs to us and we belong to nothing. We are the protectors and companions of the planet and everything that resides in it.

She mentions a toy. What is a toy? I also wonder what a farmer is. I quickly turn to the end of the book where the definitions are.

Dictionary of Lost Words and Feelings

The word farmer means someone who owns a piece of land. We don’t own any land! I wonder why would they want to own any land? It seems so cruel. We always share and respect everything we take from the planet even though the planet doesn’t speak to us, it’s still our friend. We don’t have farmers but something called Prithvi ( Earth ) Rakshak (protectors) who love the land, care for it and it in turn cares for us. When I was born I was assigned the role of a Prithvi Rakshak. Every child is assigned a role. We also have Jal (Water) Rakshak (Protector) and Vayu (Air) Rakshak (Protector). Although we are assigned specific roles, we learn about everything, to respect, and care for all the roles equally. As a Prithivi Rakshak, I particularly learn about alternatives to food and growing. I am the protector! I even have a mark on my arm.

This is interesting. I flip again to a few months ahead

Year 2030 | Mumbai

She has documented every little detail about her daughter. I flip ahead to 10 years later.

Year 2040 | Mumbai

I want to reread the part about Mumbai. Oh, here it is!

Year 2050 | Mumbai

I stop in horror. A large part of Mumbai did submerge but why was she only worried about Mahi? There were so many people in trouble. Shouldn’t she be helping others too!

Snapshot of the cyclone in 2050 that took a large portion of Mumbai

Let’s see what happens a few months later after the incident.

Year 2050 | Mumbai- The law for controlling the population. No more babies!
Snapshot of an online page from 2050

It seems like Zoya was worried about Mahi’s life ahead.. Isn’t this a good thing though, to not have children?

I wonder what Mahi would write about now that she can’t pass this dairy to her child. I stop at the page where she had just received it from her mom.

Year 2060 | Mumbai

I begin reading her entries. 2060 was when the wall was built since cyclones had become a regular phenomenon.

Year 2060 | Mumbai
Snapshot of the wall that was built to prevent flooding in 2060

So this is what the city looks like from the other side! Yesterday we took a field trip to the wall to remind ourselves of our duty to protect and care for the planet, that the water is not our enemy but it was because of us that there is now a wall between us.

Me and the others from yesterday

I continue reading her entires..

Year 2075 | Mumbai
Year 2088 | Mumbai

The law of not having children was revoked in 2088. Now, the government decides the number of children that will be born, and they aren’t the creation of two individuals but a part of a community. I don’t know what it felt like to belong to someone or to be loved and cared for by two individuals, to have that support. Perhaps I would never understand that and maybe they will just be concepts that remain tucked in the confines of this book and maybe that is okay.

I gently close the book

Walk to the window and stand there, staring out